Youth swim lessons are for ages 6-13.
Due to COVID-19 we want to keep everyone safe. We need to encourage everyone to register by phone unless you need to pay with cash or check. We will have two staff handling the phones and only one at the desk. For Youth classes, please make your child a member before registration day.
We have new pool policies (see below) you will need to adhere to, for swim lessons.
SEE OUR SWIM REGISTRATION POLICY BELOW!
Pre Registration Required
Free for members (1 class per week)
Membership $65.00 a year
Non Members fee $66.00
CURRENT SESSION INFORMATION
Tuesday lessons will run from May 10th – June 14th
Wednesday lessons will run from May 11th – June 15th
Thursday lessons will run from May 12th – June 16th
Saturday lessons will run from May 14th – June 18th
No classes Saturday, May 28th!
Level 1 (Intro to Water skills, Age 6+)
Tuesday: 3:30 pm
Thursdays: 3:30 pm or 4:30 pm
Saturdays: 10:30 am
Level 2 (Fundamental of Aquatics, Age 6+)
Tuesdays: 4:00 pm
Wednesdays: 3:30 pm
Thursdays: 3:30 pm or 4:00
Saturdays: 9:30 am or 11:00 am
Level 3/4 (Stroke development and stroke improvement ages 7+)
Tuesdays: 4:30 pm
Thursdays: 4:30 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am or 10:00 am
Level 5 (Swim Clinic)
Tuesdays: 5:00 pm
Saturdays: 11:30 am
These sessions are subject to change
New Swim Lesson Guidelines
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to class start
- Every swimmer MUST shower before entering the pool
- Limit time in the locker rooms after class to 10 minutes
- Swimmers 6 years and older MUST have their own bathing cap.
- The pool will NOT have any caps available to borrow. Caps can be purchased at the desk.
- Swimmers 6 years and older will NOT be allowed to swim without a bathing cap.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the gallery area
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Make-up classes are not permitted due to class ratios
- If the Y must cancel a class, every effort will be made to reschedule but it is not always a possibility due to scheduling
Somerville Y Swim Lesson Registration policies:
We have implemented the following registration changes to ensure that we are doing everything we can to keep our registration as effective and fair as possible for every child that wishes to swim.
These new procedures have been put in place to ensure the best quality swim lessons will be provided. We know that our swimmers achieve the best results when they swim continuously session to session, level to level. This is in accordance with the National Y model for progressive swim lessons.
Due to the number of participants that have registered for swimming lessons, the following new procedure have been established for swim lesson registration:
• Any one adult may register a maximum of two children per transaction* (*or additional immediate family if they have more than two children)
• Registration Sept to June 9:00 am July & Aug. 9:30 am. Our start time is prompt. No phone calls will be accepted early.
For a smoother registration and to expedite the process:
• Please be sure your child’s membership is up to date before the registration morning. It slows the process down and we need to be respectful of the other registrants behind you. If your child’s membership is not current, you will need to fill out a new membership card and may be asked to go to the end of the line again.
• Please know your child’s swim lesson level. Registering a child for a class because it is more convenient for the parent as opposed to the correct level is unacceptable and hinders the lesson as a whole.
• As always, if we fill a class you are interested in we will formulate a wait list.
• After Registration is complete; the classes will be looked at and if we can accommodate your child we will call you.