AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR MEN
The Somerville YMCA is currently accepting applications for our Single Room Occupancy (SRO) units for men. Rooms at the Y are available for as little as a week or for as long as desired. Rent is paid in advance on a weekly basis, and there are no long-term leases, or contracts. Any man aged 18 or older with income or other assets is welcome to apply for our residency program. Residents are provided their own room, and share a kitchen and bathroom. Units are supplied with a twin bed and a dresser. In addition to the housing opportunity, we currently have a job opening for a part-time cleaner. Please use this link to access the job description and employment application.
Please see below for key highlights regarding housing.
- Heat, hot water, and electricity
- Basic cable television (resident to supply own television)
- Somerville YMCA individual membership
- Onsite management & maintenance team
Resident Rules (additional rules are outlined in Somerville YMCA’s Resident Policy):
- No overnight guests
- No pets
- No smoking
- Resident Policy (PDF)
- Without parking $115.00
- With parking: $116.00
- Rent must be paid a week in advance
- For initial move in, we require two week’s rent plus $10.00 lock and key fee.
- Fill out a completed application
- Our staff will review your application and verify employment/income
- Provide photo identification as a SORI will be conducted
- An in person interview will also be conducted
- Once approved, a negative COVID-19 test will need supplied within 72 hours of moving in
- We currently have a waiting list, so please call every 30 days to let us know you are still interested in a room at the Y
Please send your completed applications to 101 Highland Ave Somerville, MA 02143. The forms can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact 617-625-5050 with any questions you may have.