Preschool Swim Lessons
Pre-School swim lessons are for ages 3-6 years old.
Be sure to review our registration policy below!
February 11 to March 28, 2020
no class Feb 18 – 22, 2020
Registration Wednesday,January 22, 2020
March 31, 2020 to May 16, 2020
no classes April 21 to April 25, 2020
Registration will be Wednesday, March 18, 2020
these sessions are subject to change
Somerville Y Swim Lesson Registration policies
We have implemented the following registration changes to ensure that we are doing everything we can to keep our registration as effective and fair as possible for every child that wishes to swim.
These new procedures have been put in place to ensure the best quality swim lessons will be provided. We know that our swimmers achieve the best results when they swim continuously session to session, level to level. This is in accordance with the National Y model for progressive swim lessons.
Due to the number of participants that have registered for swimming lessons, the following new procedure have been established for swim lesson registration:
• Any one adult may register a maximum of two children per transaction* (*or additional immediate family if they have more than two children)
• Registration Sept to June 8:30 am July & Aug. 9:30 am. Our start time is prompt. No phone calls will be accepted early.
For a smoother registration and to expedite the process:
• Please be sure your child’s membership is up to date before the registration morning. It slows the process down and we need to be respectful of the other registrants behind you. If your child’s membership is not current, you will need to fill out a new membership card and may be asked to go to the end of the line again.
• Please know your child’s swim lesson level. If you are unsure of your child’s swim level it will be posted in the lobby prior to the registration date. If you are in current classes progress reports are given out at least one week prior to registration. Registering a child for a class because it is more convenient for the parent as opposed to the correct level is unacceptable and hinders the lesson as a whole.
• As always, if we fill a class you are interested in we will formulate a wait list.
• After Registration is complete; the classes will be looked at and if we can accommodate your child we will call you.