Dear Somerville YMCA members,
My name is Denise Forcellese and I am the new Director of Membership & Programming at the Somerville YMCA. Some of you know me from the pool where I have worked as the Aquatics Director for many years. I look forward to serving our members and community in my new position.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back. I value your comfort level when you step through our doors.
Below are some updates/changes going into effect June 1st:
- Masks will be optional within our facilities for fully vaccinated individuals. We are counting on the integrity of our Y community to follow this guidance based on their vaccination status.
- Reservations will no longer be needed in our workout facilities. Name and phone number will still be required upon entry for contact tracing. Reservations will still be required for Lap Swim, but capacity will increase to 6 slots per half hour. This means two swimmers per lane, per ½ Maximum allotment per swimmer remains at 1 hour.
- Steam and saunas will open in our health centers & locker room! Please see website for days and times for General Members.
- Swim lessons are BACK! We are now able to offer swim lessons at 100% capacity. The new youth session will begin on July 6th. Registrations will be held on June 23rd (preschool age) and June 30th (youth level). Adult Lessons begin on June 2nd.
- Equipment located on the basketball court will begin transition back to the weight room on or before June 1st.
- The Basketball court will open for full-court play once the weights are relocated. Check out the website for updates.
- Water fountains will reopen. The Y is replacing the water fountains in the cardio room and basketball court with bottle refilling stations.
- New family swim times will be added for the month of June. Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:00 pm. Free for members. Adults: $4, Children: $1.
- Adult guest passes will be available for non-members at the cost of $12 per day. High school guest passes remain on hold.
We are so incredibly grateful to the people and families who have stood by us throughout these challenging times. You were here for your community when it needed it most, and we are here for you. We cannot wait to welcome you back.